My Mom

There is no way I could ask for a better mom. Here are a few reasons, in no particular order, why she’s so great.

1) She cares immensely for any student who needs her help and doesn’t stop trying until the student is helped.

2) She’s the kind of person who talks to young people like they’re valuable human beings, not like they’re “just kids.”

3) She will say something is “not good” instead of outright labeling something as bad. (I think that’s her way of giving something or someone the benefit of the doubt.)

4) She has a million and one things to do every day but makes time to help me take care of our animals.

5) Including the animals, she has a million and two things to do every day and usually makes a homemade dinner or leaves instructions about exactly what to do.

6) She encourages her children in our passions and strengths. (For years she told me I should major in something to do with writing. After opening my eyes, I see that she was right all along.)



7) She knows right from wrong. If she says something is wrong, you better at least consider that it’s wrong, because it probably is.

8) She treats animals with kindness and gentleness.

9) She’s a willing and patient photographer.

10) She genuinely loves her family.

11) She is a knowledgeable and helpful horse show groom.



12) She knows joy. 

I told you she's great. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace & Joy & a Tattoo

Evacuate

Are We There Yet?