Peace & Joy & a Tattoo

Inner peace is a gift, especially for planners like me. I plan, and plan, and plan. However, plans oftentimes don’t work out, leaving me hanging, wondering what I would have, should have, or could have done differently.

And guess what? Inner peace is impossible on my own. I’m flawed. I’m helpless. I’m bound to fail. Those are only a few reasons why I need Jesus all day, every day. Seeking and following God’s desires for my life is the only way to find inner peace, not because it’s my own, but it’s God’s peace covering me.

Joy is a similar blessing. Life can be awful; it’s messy, sad, and difficult. Telling myself to “just be happy” is a losing battle, because positive things come and go with the wind. Joy, on the other hand, is God’s assuring voice saying he loves me, has a perfect plan for my life, will help me, and will sustain me. God reveals to me the joy in life and the joy in living life with him as my right-hand-man.

I do almost everything with my right hand. My two biggest passions are horses and writing. I lead horses with my right hand, and write with my right hand. Now I have a reminder, telling me (and everyone else) whatever gifts with horses or writing I may have, are from the Lord and not of my own doing.  




If you run after the Lord, he will meet you half way. He’s been running after you your whole life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep College Uncomfortable

Evacuate