What is it about water?




This picture I took in June makes me think of the song “Down to the River to Pray.” I love that song. It’s mellow and heartfelt and paints a picture. I can close my eyes and feel that song in my soul, especially when Alison Krauss is singing. 

Have you heard Carrie Underwood’s song “Something in the Water”? It’s fairly new and fairly catchy. Her first verse says “I followed that preacher man down to the river and now I’m changed.”



I thought the concept for that song was pretty cool until I heard “No Power in the Water” performed by The Purple Hulls. This songs says “There’s no power in the water, to take away our sin the power’s in the blood.”



The fact that these songs exist is neat. Some lines contradict each other while both songs, as whole works, agree that Jesus saves. Jesus set the example of water baptism, but salvation comes from Jesus’ blood and resurrection.

Which song do you like better? I’d love to hear what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace & Joy & a Tattoo

Evacuate

Are We There Yet?